Top-5 reasons to study Accountancy and Control at Amsterdam Business School
Learn from the experts
- Our researchers and lecturers are international experts, so your education benefits from constant exploration of the field. Discuss and reflect on the latest and most advanced key concepts techniques. Examine the practice of accounting and control through relevant case studies. Key courses include International Financial Reporting, Incentives & Control and Data Analytics for Accountants.
Specialise in your field of interest
- Our programme offers 2 tracks. With your track of choice you have the option to really focus on the courses that are relevant to your future career. On what financial information should companies rely to make important strategic decisions? This is the core question you will learn how to answer in the Accountancy track. And how can information help organisations to reach their goals? This is the core question you will learn how to answer in the Control track.
Connect with the industry
- Combine your studies with a thesis internship at one of the large and internationally operating audit firms or corporates in Amsterdam.
Full-range programme towards a professional qualification
- This Master is your 1st step in completing the route to becoming a registered accountant or certified controller. We also offer a pre-Master’s programme for both undergraduate and academic degree students that do not meet the entrance requirements yet. Completion can grant you access to the Post Master Accountancy (to become a Register Accountant), and the Executive Master of Finance and Control programme that leads to the qualification of Certified Controller (Register Controller). Because our MSc programme is accredited by ACCA and the IMA it provides you the perfect preparation for the professional qualification of accountant or controller: you are eligible for exemptions for up to 7 papers towards the international ACCA accreditation.
Earn an internationally recognised MSc title
- Earning your MSc at Amsterdam Business School means that you will have studied at one of the best business schools in the world. We belong to the 1% of business schools worldwide to be Triple Crown accredited. We are part of the University of Amsterdam, one of the few Dutch universities ranked in the global top 100 of QS Rankings and the Times Higher Education World University Ranking. See what students say about studying in Amsterdam!
Practical relevance and an international perspective
In the Accountancy and Control programme of the University of Amsterdam, you will develop the necessary knowledge and skills to start your career in accountancy or control. You will learn about crucial topics such as international financial reporting standards, incentives & performance measurement, and judgment & decision making.
After graduation you will be ready for a successful career as:
- finance manager
- business controller
- financial analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Incentives and Control
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- Data Analytics & Professional Skills
- Accountability & Risk Management
- Financial Accounting Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Accounting View 30 other Masters in Accounting in Netherlands
- An academic Bachelor's degree in Business or Economics, with a focus on Accountancy and/or Control. The following courses should be included in the Bachelor’s degree: Management Accounting (intermediate level), Financial Accounting (intermediate level), Finance (introductory level), Quantitative research methods (intermediate level)
- In your application, you have to verify your English proficiency. You can do this by providing English proficiency test scores
- If you want to be considered for this Master’s programme, you need to provide a GMAT or GRE score report as part of your application
- Upload a motivation letter and show personal initiative
International17295 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17295 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.