The programme in Construction Project Management at The University of Hong Kong includes studies of the procedures involved in the effective management of construction, and the economic and legal constraints which determine them.
The Faculty of Architecture currently offers a comprehensive range of Taught Postgraduate Programmes in its three departments and two divisions that cover breadth and depth in the professional as well as the academic research fields of Architecture, Real Estate and Construction, Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture and Architectural Conservation. The majority of programmes offered are being professionally accredited by local and/or overseas professional bodies.
The prescribed courses are:
- Construction economics;
- Modern development in the law of construction contracts;
- Procurement systems;
- Law for the real estate and construction industry;
- Management theory and projects;
- Occupational health, safety and well-being in construction;
- Construction management practice; and
- Project workshop (CPM) or Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Urban Planning View 12 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- comply with the General Regulations and the Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Curricula;
- hold a Bachelor's degree of this University or a qualification of equivalent standard from this University or another comparable institution accepted for this purpose;
- for an applicant who is seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English, shall satisfy the University English language requirement applicable to high degrees as prescribed under General Regulation G2(b).
- satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination if required.
International22037 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22037 USD per year during 12 months.
National5425 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5425 USD per year during 12 months.
- Local: 42,100 HK$ per annum
- Non Local: 171,000 HK$ per annum
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.