What Can I Do With A Master's in History?
A History program from Salisbury University affords special expertise for a wide range of occupations, including law, business, public service, communications and research. Our alumni have advanced their careers in the following professions:
- Policy analysis
- Naval intelligence
- State and local archives
- Historic preservation
- Foundation administration
Why Choose a Master of Arts in History?
With its emphasis on research, reading and writing, the M.A. in history program at SU not only prepares its students to succeed in challenging academic and professional environments, but also promises to foster in them a lifelong love of learning and appreciation for the complexity of the human condition.
There are many advantages to continuing your studies at SU, where you will find:
- Diverse and world-class faculty. Graduate seminars are taught by engaging faculty who are devoted teachers and leading scholars in their fields. Our faculty helps students acquire the skills and theoretical foundations for conducting professional historical research. Small classes also afford individualized attention and faculty support.
- A flexible curriculum. Our program welcomes both part- and full-time students. Independent study and the thesis option enable students to tailor their curricula to accommodate more specialized interests. Evening offerings give teachers and other nontraditional students an invaluable opportunity for ongoing education and career development.
- Research opportunities. We offer a practical, hands-on approach to historical research in conjunction with SU’s Edward H. Nabb Research Center for Delmarva History and Culture. An important resource for the study of the Chesapeake Bay region, the Nabb Center provides training for those aspiring to work in professional archives. Our students can pursue research in rare manuscripts, printed and microfilm materials as well as archaeological artifacts, dating from the 17th century onward.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Colonial and Revolutionary America
- 19th Century America
- European History
- Maryland History
- 20th Century America
- Chesapeake and Middle Atlantic History
- American Diplomacy
- Early Delmarva
- Ancient History
- Asian History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Modern History View 804 other Masters in History in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Salisbury University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Submission of three letters of recommendation from individuals qualified to judge the applicant’s ability to pursue graduate studies in history, an example of the applicant’s scholarly writing, along with the departmental application for admission to the graduate program in history, to the History Department, Salisbury University, 1101 Camden Avenue, Salisbury, MD 21801
- Completion of the equivalent of an undergraduate major in history with at least 15 semester hours in history at the junior-senior level or above, including a course in research and writing, with a grade point average of 3.0 or better in all history courses.
- A student who has completed a bachelor’s degree in a major other than history should contact the history graduate program director for additional information.
International22800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 760 USD per credit during 12 months.
National22800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 760 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 420 USD per credit during 12 months.
Non-Residents (Regional Hagerstown) $505
Living costs for Salisbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.