The Public Health Sciences, Biostatistics program at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is the first step toward a career in research and higher academics, with the goal to grow future research faculty in the field of Public Health.
Specialize in Epidemiology to bring your logic and analysis skills to bear on research opportunities. Through advanced epidemiological studies, gain intensive research, writing and publishing experience, starting the road toward your PhD in Epidemiology.
Focus on Health Behavior Research to achieve insights into the psychological, social and cultural factors that affect human health and health behavior. Develop research that advances policy, improves program planning and delivers improved outcomes.
Due to the unprecedented challenges created by the current Covid-19 pandemic the UNTHSC School of Public Health is amending its application requirements for the remainder of the Fall 2020 cycle.
More informationVisit official programme website
- MSPH students will complete significant research, writing, and publishing acitivities during their 2 years of study at the UNTHSC School of Public Health.
- The summer semester will be dedicated to developing their thesis proposal with a final master's thesis completed by May of the second year. The thesis proposal will meet journal standards and be submitted for publication.
- Additional research and publication support will be expected of all MSPH students, resulting in an additional 2-3 article contributions over the course of the program.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology View 847 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts. Transcripts from all schools attended. Even schools that didn’t ultimately award a degree, all are required.
- Official graduate test scores. GRE or alternative graduate entrance exam is required. GRE institution code 6565 for SOPHAS applicants. Other accepted tests include GMAT, MCAT, PCAT, LSAT and DAT
- 3 Letters of Recommendation. Ideal sources include academic professors, academic advisors and employment/internship supervisors. Physician shadowing letters are not recommended. Letters from peer-colleague, friend or relative are never appropriate.
- Personal Statement. Describe your interest in the field of study (degree and concentration) to which you are applying, your career goals, how the program will help you reach those goals and why you chose the UNT Health Science Center School of Public Health for your graduate education.
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
International9825 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9825 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9825 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9825 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State3275 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3275 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.