The program in Biotechnology at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is usually completed in two years. The program is completed online with the exception of a six-month internship practicum experience. It is ideal for students balancing career and family responsibilities with enrollment.
Campus resources are available from financial aid to the library, including the Center for Career Services and the Center for Academic Performance, without traveling to our physical location.
Opportunities for Graduates in Biotechnology
- Biotechnology in the United States is a dynamic industry and there are many opportunities for employment. When considering a career in biotechnology, most people think of a scientist in a laboratory developing drugs to improve the quality of life.
- However, biotechnology has a wide variety of career opportunities including sales and marketing, research and development, manufacturing and quality control, and assurance. The biotechnology industry continues to flourish nationwide and the number of biotechnology companies increases annually. Employment in the biotechnology field continues to grow proportionately.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biostatistics for Biomedical Sciences
- Special Problems: Short Course in Health Disparities
- Introductory Biochemistry
- Integrative Biomedical Sciences I: Principles of Biochemistry
- Integrative Biomedical Sciences II: Molecular Cell Biology
- Integrative Biomedical Sciences III: Immunology and Microbiology
- Biomedical Ethics
- Techniques in Biomedical Sciences
- Scientific Communications.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology View 205 other Masters in Biotechnology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The admissions committee will review all applicants for acceptance into the MS in Biotechnology Program. A student must have a bachelor’s degree and must meet the general admission requirements as described in the catalog in effect at the time of application.
- Students must be in good academic standing prior to beginning the Internship Practicum. Exceptions to this rule can only be granted by the dean or his designee.
- The student will be assigned a major professor and an advisory committee consisting of the major professor and two other graduate faculty members. The names of these individuals must be filed in the GSBS Office of Student Services prior to starting the internship or no later than one week after starting. In addition, a degree plan must also be filed with the GSBS Office of Student Services at this time.
International9825 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9825 USD per year during 24 months.
National9825 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9825 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State3275 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3275 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Fort Worth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.