There are many MBA programs around the globe. However, the program found here at Cape Breton University is the only one in Canada that includes community economic development at its core. It’s for people who want to make a difference where they live and work. Here, we teach the lessons that inspire students to make a positive change wherever they go.
The MBA in Community Economic Development has been offered by the Shannon School of Business at Cape Breton University since 1997.
What skills will I gain from this program?
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of community economic development and business
- Strategic Management
- Principles of Venture Analysis
- Economic Geography
- Comparative Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEconomics Marketing Econometrics View 20 other Masters in Econometrics in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's Degree with a B+ (75%) average from a recognized university a completed application form, with the non-refundable application fee .
- official transcripts for all previous post-secondary study a resume detailing employment experience, skills, community involvement and interests.
- a 500-800 word statement on desire to enter the program.
- three reference letters, preferably including one professional and one academic reference, each accompanied by a completed reference form.
- satisfactory scores on the GMAT or GRE.
- satisfactory scores on the TOEFL/IELTS (for students whose native language is not
- English) satisfactory performance in an interview.
International20478 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40956 CAD for the full programme during 24 months.
National13655 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27310 CAD for the full programme during 24 months.
In-State13655 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27310 CAD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.