Globalisation is increasingly affecting modern law practice and it is imperative that legal professionals develop the expertise and forward-thinking mindset required to specialise in the international arena.
- Regardless of whether you’re based overseas or in Australia, understanding foreign bodies of rules and regulations such as the European Union is crucial to elevating your law career.
- The flexible International Law program from the University of Southern Queensland structure may give you the opportunity to select either a second major or an additional four courses from other Master of Laws majors, including Commercial Law, Comparative Law, Public Law and Sustainable Development.
- A significant component of your degree will be research-based. You will become proficient in legal research, advanced legal writing and critical thinking through a series of guided research projects.
- As one of few online law masters qualifications available in Australia, USQ’s Master of Laws offers both Australian and overseas law graduates the opportunity to gain a postgraduate law degree while they continue to work.
- The Master of Laws allows you to tailor your study across 22 specialist courses which enhance careers in legal practice, public policy, government, law reform, international organisations, social services, international business, environmental governance and local government.
- The Master of Laws is ideal if you wish to gain the research skills required to gain entry into higher level research degrees such as the PhD.
- Legal Research Methodology
- International Business Law
- Comparative Employment Law
- Cross-border Litigation
- International Humanitarian Law
- Comparative Native Title Law and Policy
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply throughout the year and for courses that start in three different semesters
- Apply early, to make sure you secure a place
DisciplinesInternational Law Civil & Private Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 8 other Masters in International Law in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS: QLD 00244B, NSW 02225M
- Completed an Australian Bachelor of Laws degree; a Bachelor of Laws (Honours); a Juris Doctor; or an international equivalent. Applicants who do not hold a law degree but have an equivalent qualification approved by a legal profession admissions board are also eligible to apply for entry.
International31120 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31120 AUD per year during 18 months.
National29210 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29210 AUD per year during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.