The program enables students to achieve a high standard of professional writing and research relevant to contemporary issues in law and practice. The program includes specialisations that allow for students to concentrate deeply on one or two fields of law, and develop expertise, knowledge and skills.
On successful completion of the International Law program from the University of Southern Queensland, students will be able to:
evaluate developments in chosen areas of law, and critically examine the relationship between those developments and contemporary theory or practice
demonstrate advanced knowledge of the impact of globalisation or other legal systems on the substance, theory and practice of Australian law
undertake, interpret and evaluate legal research using advanced legal research methodologies and techniques
articulate advanced knowledge of law in written or oral presentations.
- As one of few online law masters qualifications available in Australia, USQ’s Master of Laws offers both Australian and overseas law graduates the opportunity to gain a postgraduate law degree while they continue to work.
- The Master of Laws allows you to tailor your study across 22 specialist courses which enhance careers in legal practice, public policy, government, law reform, international organisations, social services, international business, environmental governance and local government.
- The Master of Laws is ideal if you wish to gain the research skills required to gain entry into higher level research degrees such as the PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal Research Methodology
- International Business Law
- Cross-border Litigation
- International Humanitarian Law
- International Economic Law
- Law of International Trade and Transport
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 13 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS: QLD 00244B, NSW 02225M
To be eligible for admission, applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
Completion of an Australian university Bachelor of Laws degree, Bachelor of Laws (Honours) degree, Juris Doctor degree, or equivalent.
Applicants who do not hold a law degree but have an equivalent qualification approved by a legal profession admissions board are also eligible to apply for entry. Students with qualifications not designed and accredited to lead to legal practice are not eligible to apply. Advanced standing may be available to students with a four-year Bachelor of Laws degree, Bachelor of Laws (Honours) degree or a Juris Doctor degree.
International31120 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31120 AUD per year during 18 months.
National25840 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25840 AUD per year during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.