- With the increased globalisation of world trade and the necessity to conduct business in unfamiliar legal systems, there has never been a more appropriate time to undertake postgraduate studies in Comparative Law.
- As part of this specialisation, you will examine the global trend towards harmonisation of laws, as well as impacts and changes within the European Union affecting current legal practice in Australia.
- As one of few online Law Masters qualifications available in Australia, USQ’s Master of Laws offers both Australian and overseas law graduates the opportunity to gain a postgraduate law degree while they continue to work.
- The Comparative Law program from the University of Southern Queensland allows you to tailor your study across 22 specialist courses which enhance careers in legal practice, public policy, government, law reform, international organisations, social services, international business, environmental governance and local government.
- The Master of Laws is ideal if you wish to gain the research skills required to gain entry into higher level research degrees such as the PhD.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Legal Research Methodology
- International Business Law
- Comparative Employment Law
- Cross-border Litigation
International Humanitarian Law
- Comparative Native Title Law and Policy
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply throughout the year and for courses that start in three different semesters
- Apply early, to make sure you secure a place
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Public Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 15 other Masters in Public Law in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS: QLD 00244B, NSW 02225M
- Completed an Australian Bachelor of Laws degree; a Bachelor of Laws (Honours); a Juris Doctor; or an international equivalent. Applicants who do not hold a law degree but have an equivalent qualification approved by a legal profession admissions board are also eligible to apply for entry.
International31120 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31120 AUD per year during 18 months.
National29120 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29120 AUD per year during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.