- Even if you haven’t studied in some time, this degree will provide you with an in-depth education in mathematical and/or statistical techniques and problem solving skills. The degree is completely available online, but courses are also available on-campus, meeting study requirements for international students.
- Examine the fundamentals of theoretical and applied statistics, mathematical modelling and operations research, and computing and coding skills. This degree incorporates practical methods for undertaking analysis, modelling and evidence-based, data-driven decision-making.
- If you already have a bachelor degree or equivalent experience and are looking to expand your knowledge into the area of maths and statistics, the Master of Science (Mathematics and Statistics) is the degree for you.
Career outcomes of the Master of Science in Mathematics and Statistics from the University of Southern Queensland
- Graduates with extensive experience in mathematics and/or statistical knowledge and skills are in high demand in a variety of industries, including: Public Administration and Safety; Financial and Insurance Services; Professional, Scientific and Technical Services; and Education and Training.
- Would you like to work for the Australian Bureau of Statistics, one of the ‘big four’ banks, an insurance company, in computing, logistics, engineering or finance? Graduates of this degree are in high demand in a variety of industries.
- Specific jobs include work as a Mathematician, Operations Manager, Financial Analyst, Systems Analyst, Supply Chain Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, Data Mining Researcher, Speech Processing Researcher and Market Researcher.
- Statistics for Quantitative Researchers
- Algebra and Calculus
- Mathematics/Statistics Complementary Studies
- Computational Thinking with Python
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 22 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 3-year Bachelor degree from an Australian university or equivalent. or
- equivalent professional work experience, as determined through the Credit and Exemption procedure.
- have knowledge of mathematics at least equivalent to that found in MAT1102 Algebra and Calculus I
International37600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37600 AUD per year during 24 months.
National28240 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28240 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Commonwealth supported - AUD 7950
- External/Online - AUD 37600
Living costs for Toowoomba
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.