You will have the opportunity to decide between two different pathways of study in your masters degree:
- Research Project track — the Research Project track equips you with research skills and allows you to develop a research thesis through a project in your chosen disciplinary application area.
- Research Training track — the Research Training track allows you to develop your research capability and gain specialised cognitive and technical skills to prepare for a professional career in science.
- As a graduate of the Applied Climate Science program from the University of Southern Queensland , you can follow career opportunities such as climatologist, climate scientist, climate policy analyst, environmental consultant, natural resources, biodiversity management, natural resource management or in private industry companies active in fields, such as agriculture, insurance, energy, weather information, water services and other industries.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Climate Risk
- Adaptation to Climate Change
- Global Environmental Systems
- Climate and Sustainability
- Climate, Human and Environmental Health and Disaster Management
- Climate, Food, Water and Energy Security
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply throughout the year and for courses that start in three different semesters
- Apply early, to make sure you secure a place
DisciplinesGeography Climate Studies & Meteorology Natural Sciences View 6 other Masters in Geography in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Southern Queensland and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- 3-year Bachelor degree from an Australian university or equivalent.
- equivalent professional work experience, as determined through the Credit and Exemption procedure.
International37600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37600 AUD per year during 24 months.
National29600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29600 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Commonwealth supported: AUD 8021
- International Online: AUD 37600
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.