The Environmental Sciences programs consist of course work plus a Major Research Paper (one-year program) or coursework plus a Thesis (two-year program), and are offered on a full-time or flex-time basis.
Post-Graduation Opportunities and Careers
Graduates of the Environmental Studies programs at Nipissing University may go on to doctoral programs, or enter careers in government and industry. As professionals they may work in areas such as environmental policy, planning, impact assessment, natural resource management, scientific research and education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Thesis Route (four three-credit courses + thesis)
- Four, three-credit courses
- Thesis (12 credits)
- Two years to complete (for full-time students) or four years to complete (for flex-time students)
- This offers appropriate preparation for further graduate studies at the doctoral level or for a career in research, consulting, or government
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Applications will continue to be accepted after January 16th from Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents.
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Environmental Sciences View 44 other Masters in Geography in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The normal minimum admission requirement is a four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent as recognized by Nipissing University in an appropriate discipline, with a minimum B standing. For master’s degrees with a Thesis or Major Research Paper (MRP), where appropriate to the program for which the candidate applies, preference will be given to applicants with an honours degree with an independent research component (such as an honours Thesis or research paper).
- All applicants are required to provide at least two letters of recommendation from professors or other appropriate professionals who can speak to their level of preparation and readiness for graduate studies. At least two of the references must be from someone qualified to address the academic ability and competence of the applicant to undertake graduate studies. Reference letters cannot be completed by anyone who is personally related to the applicant.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5670 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2835 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National5670 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2835 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for North Bay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.