It is offered as both a one-year full-time program and on a flex-time basis. Our program centres on the following fields: International, Gender, Canadian, European, and Environmental history. Our dynamic and award-winning faculty has expertise in areas that include environmental history, the history of genocide, indigenous studies and community history, foreign relations and politics, and military history and the history of espionage.
Post-Graduation Opportunities and Careers
Many of our graduates from Master of Arts in History program at Nipissing University have gone on to doctoral studies, as well as advanced research positions in a variety of fields, including business, government, politics, heritage, the environment, and teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methods in Historical Research
- Canadian History
- European History
- International History
- Gender History
- Major Research Paper
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Applications will continue to be accepted after January 15th from Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents.
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 37 other Masters in Ancient History in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Nipissing University and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The normal minimum admission requirement is a four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent as recognized by Nipissing University in an appropriate discipline, with a minimum B standing. For master’s degrees with a Thesis or Major Research Paper (MRP), where appropriate to the program for which the candidate applies, preference will be given to applicants with an honours degree with an independent research component (such as an honours Thesis or research paper).
- All applicants are required to provide at least two letters of recommendation from professors or other appropriate professionals who can speak to their level of preparation and readiness for graduate studies. At least two of the references must be from someone qualified to address the academic ability and competence of the applicant to undertake graduate studies. Reference letters cannot be completed by anyone who is personally related to the applicant.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5670 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2835 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National5670 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2835 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for North Bay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.