Medical Dosimetry from University of Wisconsin La Crosse is committed to the education of medical dosimetrists who are knowledgeable, competent, and dedicated to their profession and their patients.
Graduates with Medical Dosimetry from University of Wisconsin La Crosse will:
- demonstrate competence in medical dosimetry.
- use critical thinking and problem-solving skills necessary to practice in current and emerging technology.
- demonstrate effective communication skills.
- develop and exhibit professional practices.
- demonstrate research skills needed to approach medical dosimetry with scholarly rigor.
- successfully meet the needs of its students and communities of interest.
- Anatomy for Medical Dosimetrists
- Physics for Medical Dosimetrists
- Computers and Networking in Radiation Oncology
- Fundamentals of Radiation Safety
- Professional Issues in Medical Dosimetry
- Radiation Dose Calculations
- Treatment Planning in Medical Dosimetry
- Brachytherapy for Medical Dosimetrists
- Clinical Oncology for Medical Dosimetrists
- Radiobiology for Medical Dosimetrists
- Dosimetric Quality Assurance
- Seminar in Medical Dosimetry
- Research Methodology in Medical Dosimetry
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 174 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Applicant must have an earned baccalaureate degree. (A degree in biology, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, physics, radiation therapy, radiologic sciences, or other areas approved by the program.)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0; minimum GPA of 3.0 in science and math coursework
- Minimum of 40 hours of documented medical dosimetry observation (must be completed by an individual not providing a letter of reference)
- Documented experience working with patients in a healthcare environment
- Completed program and UW System application with four letters of reference
- Interviews with adjunct faculty at clinical internship sites
- Academic records
- Course-by-Course Evaluations
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Proof of funding
- Passport copy
International20038 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10019 USD per semester during 16 months.
National4800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2400 USD per semester during 16 months.
In-State4800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2400 USD per semester during 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.