Graduates of the School Psychology Specialist program at the University of Central Arkansas are expected to be reflective and competent professionals committed to the increased understanding of human behavior, continuing professional development, best practices in school psychology, cultural respect and diversity, and ethical standards of professional practice as articulated by the American Psychological Association (APA) and the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP).
Housed within the Department of Psychology and Counseling in the College of Health and Behavioral Sciences, the Specialist in Education program emphasizes the professional identity of school psychology specialists within the broader field of psychology, a breadth and depth of professional training that prepares candidates to competently perform a variety of school psychology functions, and an education that values and respects cultural diversity among candidates, faculty, and service recipients.
- Professional School Psychology
- Theories of Psychotherapy and Counseling
- Advanced Psychological Statistics
- Advanced Developmental Psychology
- Research Design
- Psycho-Educational Assessment
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Teaching View 1300 other Masters in Psychology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Central Arkansas and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Materials should be submitted the UCA Graduate school via this site: Graduate School
- A UCA Graduate Application (Graduate School Admissions)
- Official transcripts of all completed college coursework to the Graduate School Office
- Official Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) scores on the General Test to the Graduate School Office Use UCA’s school code: 6012 – If you already have a graduate degree, you are not required to submit GRE scores.
- School Psychology Program application by completing the online application form
- Three letters of recommendation from former college professors or individuals otherwise qualified to comment on the applicant’s professional and academic potential
- Essay: Statement of Career Path and Aspirations – a 500-word essay focusing on your career aspirations as a school psychology specialist and research interests.
- Current resume or vita
International15660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 783 USD per credit during 36 months.
National15660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 783 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State9960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 498 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Conway
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.