At History from University of Central Arkansas you will gain critical skills for the real world. Your experience is built on what you learn in class and what you practice in research, analysis, writing, and presentation. These skills are necessary for success within academia and beyond.
We pride ourselves in training students to be scholars and teachers at all levels of education and for careers beyond academia. Our students have matriculated to PhD programs such as the University of Chicago and the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville. They have launched, or continued, fulfilling careers at the Clinton Presidential Center, the Old State House Museum, and in various public and charter schools.
- History of Witchcraft
- Ideas and Society in Modern Europe
- The Mediterranean World in Late Antiquity, 300–900 AD
- Tudor and Stuart England 1485–1690
- The History of Imperialism: A Review of World Colonial Systems
- Victorian Britain
- Europe, 1815–1914
- The European Renaissance and Reformation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Applications received after these deadlines will be processed
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Modern History View 729 other Masters in History in United States
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. The department gives preference to applicants with at least 153 on the verbal and 4.0 on the analytical writing portion of the GRE.
- A writing sample.
- A 2-3 page formal statement of purpose that explains why the applicant is pursuing a master’s degree, identifies the applicant’s particular interests (i.e., the historical problems or issues that most interest the applicant), and suggests why the applicant is interested in the History Master of Arts program at UCA.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.70 on a scale of 4.00 OR at least a 3.00 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study
- Online application
- Non-Refundable $50.00 Application Fee.
- Copy of the biographical page of your passport.
- Academic Records
- Proof of Financial Support
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
International5062 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2531 USD per semester during 24 months.
National4504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2252 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Conway
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.