Cultural Diplomacy aims to facilitate and improve relations and collaboration between disparate cultures. International Economics combined with Cultural Diplomacy opens new horizons in a globalized economy that is based on intercultural understanding.
The International Economics, Business and Cultural Diplomacy programme at Furtwangen University addresses contemporary international issues by means of classroom seminars and lectures as well as educational & cultural events, conferences, professional training courses, tours, visits and meetings with foreign officials, which are incorporated into the curriculum. Students will meet with leading experts working in international organizations, embassies and academic institutions, and will engage with specialists in the areas of international relations & economics, business, communication, politics, human rights, culture, peace building, multilateral diplomacy, conflict resolution and development.
This exceptional learning environment creates original research and independent study opportunities. It allows you to create a solid professional network and form a firm basis for future academic and professional career choices, preparing you for engagement in the international arena, civil society, politics, governmental organizations and international economic organizations, as well as the private sector.
- The History and Evolution of the Field of Cultural Diplomacy
- International Case Studies of Cultural Diplomacy
- Future Trends in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy
- Nation Branding and Unilateral Cultural Diplomacy
- International Organizations
- European Politics
- Development of Cultural Diplomacy Initiative
- Participating in and Contributing to ICD’s Projects, Activities and Conferences
- Models of Cultural Diplomacy
- Religion and Cultural Diplomacy
- Soft Power, Hard Power, and Smart Power
- Cultural Diplomacy in Conflict Zones
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Furtwangen University and/or in Germany, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- First degree (Bachelor, Master, Magister, Diploma or equivalent)
- For the regular programme (4 semesters): Bachelor's degree with minimum of 180 ECTS
- For the fast-track programme (3 semesters): Bachelor's degree with minimum of 210 ECTS OR minimum of one year's professional experience in a position of responsibility following graduation
- Participation in a detailed introductory interview
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Regular: € 12,000
- Fast Trak: € 9,000
Living costs for Furtwangen im Schwarzwald
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.