Our programme gives you the skills to engage critically, in original and creative ways, with the challenges faced by Muslim societies.
- To help ensure that you are fulfilling the objectives of this course, our teaching is student-centred and our academics, who are leaders in their fields, seek to enhance your learning through a multi-faceted approach that applies a framework of world cultures, humanities and social sciences to the study of Muslim contexts.
- Our Muslim Cultures programme at The Aga Khan University is also available for full-time or part-time study.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Muslim Societies in a Changing World
- Research Methods for the Social Sciences and Humanities
- Language I: Arabic OR Persian
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 646 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An official copy of your undergraduate degree and attested copies of academic transcripts. (If a document is not in English a fully certified translation must be provided. The translation must include details of the translator and confirm that it is an accurate translation of the original. It must be dated and include the original signature of the translator).
- Two references, submitted directly to the Admissions Inbox (via email). Referees must be familiar with your academic and/or professional work to date. At least one referee should be familiar with your academic work. Referees should use reference form provided; please download the reference form, fill in your details and request your referees to send it directly to AKU-ISMC
International3500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1750 GBP per semester during 18 months.
National3500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1750 GBP per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.