Students also have the option to participate in a language immersion programme and a leadership skills programme.
During their third semester, students prepare a thesis of up to 20,000 words following an optional field project on a theme of their choice.
In general, assessment is based on presentations, written assignments and examinations. Passing the thesis is a prerequisite for graduation from the Muslim Cultures program at The Aga Khan University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Muslim Societies in a Changing World
- Research Methods in the Social Sciences & Humanities
- Language: Arabic I OR Persian
- Sacred Across Cultures
- Traditions & Change in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Religion, State & Politics in the Middle East
- Paths in Sufism: Past & Present
- Religion, Law and Society in Muslim Context
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 551 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An official copy of your undergraduate degree and attested copies of academic transcripts. (If a document is not in English a fully certified translation must be provided. The translation must include details of the translator and confirm that it is an accurate translation of the original. It must be dated and include the original signature of the translator).
- Two references, submitted directly to the Admissions Inbox (via email). Referees must be familiar with your academic and/or professional work to date. At least one referee should be familiar with your academic work. Referees should use reference form provided; please download the reference form, fill in your details and request your referees to send it directly to AKU-ISMC
International11944 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11944 GBP per year during 18 months.
National11944 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11944 GBP per year during 18 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.