The MPA program at WCU is a community led by accomplished scholars and practitioners who instruct and mentor our students. As a student, you will learn accountability and transparency; industry and financial management processes, and how to serve professionally with competence, efficiency, and objectivity by making data-driven decisions; how to act ethically to uphold the public trust in analyzing & making public policy; and how to demonstrate respect, equity, and fairness in managing citizens and fellow public servants.
West Chester University’s Public Administration program includes areas of concentration in public management and nonprofit administration. In addition, graduate certificates may be paired with the master’s program and are available in healthcare administration, human resource management, industrial/organizational psychology, sport management and athletics, urban and regional planning, and more.
The MPA is designed for working professionals and can be completed full- or part-time, in person on West Chester’s main campus, or 100% online. The University also offers the option to teleconference into live classes. The MPA program at WCU is housed in our AACSB-accredited College of Business and Public Management and is accredited by NASPAA, the gold standard in public service education.
- Program flexibility: in-class, online, or teleconference
- Graduate Assistantships and grants available
- Faculty who are also practitioners
- Internship opportunities
- 18% projected industry growth through 2026 (according to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Analysis and Decision Making
- Public Budgeting & Finance
- Public Human Resource Management
- Public Sector Organization Theory
- Public Policy and Administration Internship
- Professional Seminar in Public Administration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Administration View 643 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form submitted online.
- One official transcript from every college and university attended (except West Chester University). The official transcript should be sent directly from your undergraduate Registrar to the Graduate Admissions office. See note above.
- Two letters of recommendation for degree and certificate programs.
- A written statement of your professional goals.
International2596 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1298 USD per semester during 12 months.
National2596 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1298 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for West Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.