Data Science from University of Liège aims to develop the following skills:
- Mastery of the underlying science (in applied mathematics, computer science and artificial intelligence, etc.);
- Ability to use IT tools;
- Knowing how to develop a solution in a real world environment;
- Ability to carry out a cost-benefit analysis;
- Understanding of legal and societal implications.
This programme in data science is taught entirely in English and is structured around: A common core made up of classes:
- in computer sciences, applied mathematics and the fundamentals of data science (domputational theory, digital optimisation, artificial intelligence, machine learning); - in management; - and in law (focused on artificial intelligence, data and robots).
- A choice of electives: - in computer sciences; - in applied mathematics; - in bioinformatics; - and in management.
- A specialism;
- A Final Dissertation.
- Theory of computation
- Numerical optimization
- Information and coding theory
- Machine learning
- High-dimensional data analysis
- Large-scale data systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Machine Learning View 3 other Masters in Machine Learning in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The academic degree of a bachelor in computer science or a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, civil engineering orientation.
- The master degree in computer science, 1 year / 60 credits, master's degree in civil engineering, master's degree in mathematical sciences, specialized in computer science or statistics or master's degree in management engineering.
- Identity card OR Certificate of nationality or certificate of residence established in Belgium.
- Supporting documents if you have done an extracurricular year.
- Additional supporting documents after having already been enrolled in another university or university college.
- TOEFL or IELTS if the language of instruction is English.
Living costs for Liège
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.