The Master by Research Programme in Engineering Physics at Mid Sweden University contains a number of advanced level courses, but is dominated by your individual project that after two years will lead up to your Master thesis.
You will be a member of the physics research groups at FSCN (Fiber and Science Network) at Mid Sweden University, who carries out research in the field of nanomaterials and processes. You will be appointed an individual supervisor who will guide you through the work. Together with researchers, you take part in a research project and work both independently and together with others. The projects are typically in the field of materials physics and may include areas lika energy harvesting, energy storage, nanotechnology, thin film technology, etc.
After the programme
During the programme, you will meet both researchers and companies that Mid Sweden University cooperate with. This way, you get useful contacts and experiences to prepare you for your future career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Scientific Writing and Presentation Techniques
- Problem formulation and Thesis Planning
- Development of Theory and Experiment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 37 other Masters in Physics in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- English course 6/English course B from Swedish Upper Secondary School (Gymnasium) or the equivalent.
- Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent (at least 180 credits/180 ECTS) in a relevant subject, for example Physics, Engineering Physics, Materials Science or equivalent.
- Eligibility for available research project is assessed on the basis of the applicant’s bachelor’s degree project/thesis, a letter of motivation, and, where appropriate, through other documented experience relevant to the subject.
International11604 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11604 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
NON-EU/EEA: 125 000 SEK
Living costs for Östersund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.