Maritime Engineering - Transport, Energy, Sustainable development at ENSTA Paris offers operational knowledge of naval and offshore construction and offshore resources engineering.
Sustained by the constant development of world maritime transport and undersea operations, the maritime engineering world is characterised by the creation of high-tech products. With its subsystems and interfaces, a fixed or mobile maritime structure such as a liner, frigate, aircraft-carrier, submarine, platform or yacht is a prime example of a complex technical system.
The strong points of the training programme are:
- Acquisition of the basics: teaching in hydrodynamics and structures associated with experimental and numerical activities leading to acquisition of the basic knowledge essential to maritime engineering.
- Option 1 : maritime transport systems
- Option 2 : offshore resources engineering (taught in English).
- Complete training: the design and construction of naval products are studied, taking account of all components of the system approach: maritime politics and economics, design tools; running of major projects incorporating cost, profitability and reliability assessment aspects.
- Experience in the field: a week in a shipyard plus visits are scheduled as part of the training cycle.
- Professional support: virtually all the teaching is provided by persons who work in the industry.
Our graduates occupy the following positions:
- R&D engineer - Chantiers de l'Atlantique
- Naval architect - D2M Consultants
- New constructions inspector - Bureau Veritas
- Project manager - Technip offshore international
- Consultant - Houlder offshore engineering
- Design office manager - Omya
- Costs and deliveries manager - DCNS
- Project design office manager - Chantier naval Ocea
- Project engineer - Stolt offshore
- Estimations engineer - SAIPEM SA
- Naval architect - Cabinet Ribadeau-Dumas
- Head of transfers unit - Chantiers de l'Atlantique
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Structure modelling for maritime engineering
- Project management in maritime engineering
- Maritime Law and economics
- Hydrodynamics for Maritime Engineering
- Energy and safety for naval systems
- Offshore energy resources
- Complements for MS-GM
- 13 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Transportation Engineering View 26 other Masters in Sustainable Development in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- French or foreign candidates holding a degree: Bac + 5 engineer, DEA or DESS, MSc degree or equivalent or Bac + 4 graduate with at least 3 years of professional experience.
- Application form filled out and signed
- Resume (CV)
- A letter of statement in French or in English
- If applicable the certificate from a French teacher OR official score reports for French tests
- The list of courses already taken
- Two letters of recommendation from two professors (download the form)
- Official Academic Transcripts of Records (marks obtained since the beginning of university studies): original language and official translation in English or in French
- List of the classes attended during your current year
- Copy of your passport OR copy of your birth certificate with official translation in French if you don’t have an international passport
- Certification of Diplomas and Degrees Received, if any
- Certifications of Academic Honours and Awards listed in your application form
International11076 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 13 months.
EU/EEA11076 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 13 months.
- 7,000 EUR - completed an initial training cycle and are not yet employed, and prove that they are seeking employment.
- Company and self-employed price: 12,000 EUR
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.