Studying national media systems and specifics of media industry in different regions of the world will allow graduates to work in any country at regional, national and global levels within the framework of different media formats.
In the process of studying, you will obtain theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the field of mass communication that a journalist of the 21st century needs to work in traditional and digital media. The program undergoes an annual internal audit in order to meet all the trends in the rapidly changing information market.
At master classes, seminars, and workshops, students get acquainted with the peculiarities of various areas of the media industry.
The studying process offers a large number of individual or group creative projects.
Within the framework of the Global and Digital Media program of the RUDN University, the students get the brilliant opportunity to establish ties and close cooperation with professors and researchers in the field of journalism from universities of Europe, Asia, the USA, etc. Lectures of visiting professors and famous foreign journalists, joint creative projects and conferences are organized. There is an opportunity to participate in the short-term mobility program with partner universities in order to expand significantly professional experience and develop networking skills.
In the course of the program, students are offered the opportunity to undergo a professional internship in Russian and international media holdings.
Due to the fact that the classes are conducted in English, the program attracts students from all over the world. It will ensure the professional contacts in the future.
After graduating, you will be able to work as reporters, editors, moderators, analysts, specialists in public relations and international relations. Graduates of the master's degree program will be in demand both in national and international media, information and communication agencies, press services of government bodies, agencies dealing with issues of public diplomacy and the formation of public opinion.
- The students get knowledge in related fields of mass communication, such as PR and marketing communications.
- Disciplines: the basic and theoretical modules of the program include Modern Problems and Mass Media Agenda, Modern Media Systems, Media Discourse, Media Planning.
- Practical and creative modules are devoted to copywriting, TV and radio broadcasting, creation of audio-visual online content, transmedia storytelling, mobile journalism, work in social media, photojournalism, media economics.
- The interdisciplinary and communication modules of the program include PR, Intercultural Communication, Psychology of Management, Territory Branding and International Relations, etc.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A copy of the document on education or qualification and, if necessary, its translation into the Russian language.
- A scanned copy of your passport or other document to verify your identity and citizenship;
- consent to the processing of personal data;
- A copy of the medical report on the absence of contraindications for training in the Russian Federation and the absence of HIV and AIDS.
- Copies of other documents - for example, proof of victory in international Olympiads or professional competitions.
- A photo.
International3730 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3730 EUR per year during 24 months.
National3061 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3061 EUR per year during 24 months.
- For Russia and CIS citizens: 254,500 RUB per year
Living costs for Moscow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.