A particular focus of the Nuclear Energy Production and Industrial Applications programme at IMT Atlantique - Graduate Engineering School is put on the safety and radioprotection, to be considered in the management of a large project in this field.
- Acquire basic knowledge necessary for understanding nuclear energy production (power reactors) and industrial applications, e.g. accelerators, cyclotrons...
- Develop competences in reactor operation, maintenance and safety issues including radioprotection.
- Develop competences in particles beams production and qualification.
- Develop competences in nuclear radiations applications: instrumentation, non destructive control, security...
- Develop an awareness of societal considerations related to nuclear energy production.
- Take into account societal issues related to nuclear energy production.
- Project engineer related to nuclear energy.
- Operation and maintenance engineer in power plant and other industrial applications.
- Safety engineer in nuclear power plant operation and industrial installations, and environmental controls.
- Research scientist and development engineer for industrial installations and power plants.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physics of Ionizing Radiation
- Nuclear modeling
- Neutron physics
- Nuclear: Management, Safety and Society
- Energy mix and energetic transition
- Environmental Management and Strategy of sustainability
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Early application makes it easier to solve financial aids and visa issues before the course starts.
DisciplinesPhysics Energy & Power Engineering View 32 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To candidate in M1 : First year of master :
- The international Master is open to candidates with at least a scientific Bachelor of Science degree
- To candidate in M2 : Second year of master :
- The international Master is open to candidates with at least 4 years at university Bachelor or First year of master
- With scientific disciplines such as Nuclear, Chemical and Civil Engineering, Energy, Environmental, Physics, Chemistry.
- A work experience is not mandatory but is a “plus” for the selection
- No prerequisite in French
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Nantes
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.