Candidates in the elementary education/TSD program may also earn a 5-8 subject area endorsement. In special education, we prepare outstanding special educators to work with a diverse population of students with disabilities by working collaboratively to create a dynamic partnership between faculty, students, administrators and local communities.
This program provides current advanced information on educational research, service delivery, trends, community services, societal attitudes, technical developments, and instructional strategies and practices for the education of persons with disabilities.
The Special Education - Learning Disabilities program's varied offerings allow teachers, learning consultants, supervisors, and other personnel within and outside special education to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to serve the disabled in a variety of settings. Upon successful completion of the required curriculum and documented three years of teaching experience, the candidate is eligible for the New Jersey certificate as a Learning Disabilities Teacher-Consultant (LDT-C).
William Paterson University of New Jersey is a public institution that offers an outstanding and affordable education to a diverse traditional and nontraditional student body through baccalaureate, graduate and continuing education programs.
The University's distinguished teachers, scholars and professionals actively challenge students to high levels of intellectual and professional accomplishment and personal growth in preparation for careers, advanced studies and productive citizenship. Faculty and staff use innovative approaches to research, learning and student support to expand students’ awareness of what they can accomplish.
- Orientation to Psychological Testing
- Foundations of Learning Disabilities
- Diagnosis of Learning Disabilities
- Physiological Basis of Learning Disabilities
- Learning Theory/application
- Universal Design for Ldt-c
For more information please visit the program website.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Early Childhood Education View 410 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
Applicants for admission to a master’s degree program must have completed an undergraduate degree program at an accredited institution of higher learning in the United States or abroad. Foreign applicants must hold a degree considered equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- All transcripts and degree certificates/ diplomas must be written in the original language of instruction.
- Official transcripts must show all courses and subjects taken and all grades (marks) received.
- A course-by-course evaluation of all foreign education credentials is required for most countries and should be forwarded to William Paterson University.
- Diploma Supplements must accompany transcripts from institutions from countries that are part of the Bologna Accord.
- A vocational track is not appropriate preparation for graduate admission.
- Additional requirements are determined by individual graduate programs.
International34710 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1157 USD per credit during 12 months.
National34710 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1157 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State22260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 742 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Passaic
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.