From physics to information science, the PCSE spectrum covers a broad range of distinct, yet interrelated engineering and science disciplines. We address many of the fundamental aspects of today’s high-tech world, and prepare students to become the problem solvers of tomorrow.
We condemn racism in all of its forms. We acknowledge that our academic disciplines have been shaped by the pervasive and systemic racism in our country. Therefore, we are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all students regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, documentation status, disability, creed, gender or sexual orientation. We promise to engage in ongoing conversations and to listen to voices of people from marginalized groups about actions we can take to make our department more inclusive and to help fight racism.
Research areas of the Applied Physics and Computer Science - Computer Systems Engineering and Instrumentation program from Christopher Newport University include nuclear physics, astrophysics, robotics, sensor networking, artificial intelligence and multi-agent systems. The program’s flexibility enables students to prepare either for PhD programs or work in industry.
Christopher Newport is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award degrees at the baccalaureate and master’s degree levels. SACSCOC is one of six regional accrediting commissions in the U.S.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Computer Architecture
- Software System Design and Implementation
- Communications (Computer Networks)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 520 other Masters in Software Engineering in United States
- Graduate application for international applicants
- Application fee $65
- All secondary, college and university (undergraduate and graduate) transcripts. Send all documents to World Education Services (WES), an official credential evaluator. Once the review is complete, WES must send the document(s) directly to CNU.
- Demonstration of English proficiency through the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Submit all documents required for degree-seeking admission in the specific master’s degree program by the admission deadline.
- Financial resources statement
- Official original bank statements or affidavits (fewer than six months old) verifying the availability of financial resources to show that you can afford to study in the United States.
- An interview also may be required. English proficiency in reading, writing and speaking is expected.
International36810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1227 USD per credit during 12 months.
National36810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1227 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State20670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 689 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.