The Business - Accounting and Business Control programme offered by BI Norwegian Business School closely follows the syllabus of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) Professional Qualification. Upon graduation, you can continue towards CIMA accreditation.
Two of the pillars at CIMA’s Strategic Level are automatically recognised by CIMA after completion of the major in Accounting and Business Control. BI is the only school in the Nordic countries that offers this valuable option.
You will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to pursue a career as a CFO, controller, treasurer, or corporate manager. These professionals need to be proficient in accounting, financial control, strategy, treasury, and forecasting. To understand what is required to establish a career as a controller, you will acquire knowledge in reporting, analysis, and the presentation of historical information of companies.
In order to work in treasury, you will learn about capital structures, financial risk, liquidity, and investment analysis. Finally, to be proficient in strategy and forecasting, you will develop knowledge and skills in strategic business analysis, modelling, scenario analysis, and valuation.
Among the courses, you will find:
- Strategic Risk Analysis: When facing risk, what should the correct response be? Develop the competencies required to identify, analyse, evaluate, and manage risk.
- Management Control: Develop the skills to interpret financial information for higher-level managerial decision making. Understand how incorporating technology can improve both analytical insight and reporting practices.
- Financial Accounting and Taxation: Learn about the regulatory environment for financial reporting, preparation of financial statements, management working capital, as well as fundamentals of business taxation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ethics and Sustainability in Organizations
- Business Analysis and Valuation
- Strategic Risk Analysis
- Research Methodology in Accounting and Business Control
- Data Analytics with Programming
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applications received by 1 March will be given priority. BI Norwegian Business School will continue to accept applications until 1 August.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Accounting Business Intelligence & Analytics
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credits) in the field of business administration, finance or economics
- A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS) with a minimum of 80 ECTS credits within a field of study that is relevant to the specialisation of the MSc degree program
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.50 (B) on an ECTS scale
- Minimum grade C in courses relevant to the MSc degree programme
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA8300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8300 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Internal Applicants: NOK 89 400
- External Applicants: NOK 103 600
Living costs for Oslo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.