The programs provide the resources, guidance, and diverse environment in the New York metro area that motivates students to build and maintain careers in a variety of music professions.
The Jazz Studies and Performance offers a comprehensive experience in enhanced small jazz ensemble, solo performance, and arranging/composition and the potential for high-level, primary source research and writing only available in the New York area.
William Paterson University of New Jersey is a public institution that offers an outstanding and affordable education to a diverse traditional and nontraditional student body through baccalaureate, graduate and continuing education programs.
The University's distinguished teachers, scholars and professionals actively challenge students to high levels of intellectual and professional accomplishment and personal growth in preparation for careers, advanced studies and productive citizenship. Faculty and staff use innovative approaches to research, learning and student support to expand students’ awareness of what they can accomplish.
- Research Techniques
- Advanced Jazz Ear Training
- Transcription and Analysis
- Graduate Seminar
- Entrepreneurship in the Music and Entertainment Industry
- Pedagogy of Jazz
For more information please visit the program website.
Applicants for admission to a master’s degree program must have completed an undergraduate degree program at an accredited institution of higher learning in the United States or abroad. Foreign applicants must hold a degree considered equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- All transcripts and degree certificates/ diplomas must be written in the original language of instruction.
- Official transcripts must show all courses and subjects taken and all grades (marks) received.
- A course-by-course evaluation of all foreign education credentials is required for most countries and should be forwarded to William Paterson University.
- Diploma Supplements must accompany transcripts from institutions from countries that are part of the Bologna Accord.
- A vocational track is not appropriate preparation for graduate admission.
- Additional requirements are determined by individual graduate programs.
International41652 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1157 USD per credit during 12 months.
National41652 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1157 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State26712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 742 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Passaic
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.