Earthquake Engineering from Bogazici University introduces you to a multi-phased process that ranges from earthquake source studies to seismic risk mitigation procedures. Earthquake response analysis of sites, structures and systems; and assessment of strong ground motion that emanates from an earthquake constitute the two main ingredients of the discipline. The emphasis of our academic activities are placed on various complementary fields:
Graduates with Earthquake Engineering from Bogazici University will gain knowledge in:
- Earthquake hazard and risk analysis
- Characteristics of strong earthquake ground motion
- Site and soil response analysis
- Development of urban earthquake damage scenarios
- Earthquake response of buildings, historical monuments, industrial facilities, bridges and dams
- Soil-structure interaction
- Dynamic testing of small-scale models and prototype structures
- Retrofitting and post earthquake strengthening of structures
- Earthquake insurance applications
- Health Monitoring of Structures and Systems
- Development of earthquake resistant design codes.
- Strong Ground Motion
- Earthquake Response Analysis of Structures
- Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- Mathematical Methods in Earthquake Engineering
- Earthquake Resistant Design
- Simulation of Strong Groung Motion
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Sciences View 8 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Turkey
- GPA 2.50 / 4.00 (B.S.)
- Documentation of English proficiency
- Graduate exam scores (ALES/GRE/GMAT)
- For PhD applicants YDS/ÜDS/KPDS
- Diploma or certificate of graduation
- Student disciplinary record
- Official transcript
- Reference letter
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application fee
International569 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 569 EUR per year during 24 months.
- International: 5940.00 TL/year
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.