Students develop competence in the multifaceted role of a specialist and use their advanced knowledge, responsible decision-making, innovative problem solving and communication to promote change in the community.
Students engage in the competent use of the nursing process to diagnose the health problems of special populations to design programs to facilitate optimal wellness within the community environment, and improve delivery of health care, health education, early detection and screening and prevention services.
Students serve as consultants and engage in social, ethical and political actions to influence and initiate change in health care policy in order to promote community health.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theoretical Bases for Role Development in Advanced Nursing Practice
- Epidemiology: Concepts for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Bases of Research for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Pathophysiology Across the Lifespan for the Advanced Practice Nurse
- Pharmacology Across the Lifespan for the Advanced Practice Nurse
- Community Assessment and Planning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health View 803 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- The online application requires a non-refundable application fee of $35 for United States applicants/$60 for International applicants
- The entrance requirements to a Master at Bloomsburg University vary according to program. However the minimum requirements for applicants include a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university or the equivalent degree from a foreign institution and a minimum undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Program additional requirements should be submitted upon the receipt of your application. When applying please allow sufficient time for your application materials to be received by the Graduate Office
International750 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 750 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National750 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 750 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State500 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 500 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.