The Master of Statistics by Distance Learning at Hasselt University means that as a student you will take the program from a distance, i.e. from home, workplace or virtually any place with access to the internet.
Assessment and Examination
One of the principles we are bearing in mind when setting up the Distance program is to keep it as close to the On-Campus program as possible, not only its content and teaching methods, but also the way of assessing students. Hence, at this stage of the implementation, examinations will be held for all student on campus. Travel and accommodation expenses are to be fully financed by the student himself, without any exception. Some basic practical assistance (essentially contacts of youth hostels and hotels in the neighbourhood) is offered by our administrative offices.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The introductory phase provides thorough fundamental knowledge of statistics. Students will become familiar with data, statistical analysis, and, first and foremost, statistical concepts and reasoning. Apart from topic related subjects, such as regression and analysis of variance, a lot of attention is devoted to group based project work.
- In the first semester students of Epidemiology & Public Health Methodology and Biostatistics have 5 compulsory subjects, a group project and one optional subject.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Statistics Health Informatics
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students should hold at least a university diploma or degree certificate or a diploma of higher education equivalent to a bachelor degree (180 ECTS credit points).
- Admission is given directly to holders of an academic bachelor or master, obtained from a Belgian university, in mathematics, physics, computer sciences, chemistry, biology, life sciences, medicine, psychology, artificial intelligence, biotechnology, bio-, business- or civil engineering.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2143 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2143 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.