The Master of Statistics by Distance Learning at Hasselt University means that as a student you will take the program from a distance, i.e. from home, workplace or virtually any place with access to the internet.
Assessment and ExaminationOne of the principles we are bearing in mind when setting up the Distance program is to keep it as close to the On-Campus program as possible, not only its content and teaching methods, but also the way of assessing students. Hence, at this stage of the implementation, examinations will be held for all student on campus. Travel and accommodation expenses are to be fully financed by the student himself, without any exception. Some basic practical assistance (essentially contacts of youth hostels and hotels in the neighbourhood) is offered by our administrative offices.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The introductory phase provides thorough fundamental knowledge of statistics. Students will become familiar with data, statistical analysis, and, first and foremost, statistical concepts and reasoning. Apart from topic related subjects, such as regression and analysis of variance, a lot of attention is devoted to group based project work.
- In the first semester students of Epidemiology & Public Health Methodology and Biostatistics have 5 compulsory subjects, a group project and one optional subject.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiology Statistics Health Informatics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students should hold at least a university diploma or degree certificate or a diploma of higher education equivalent to a bachelor degree (180 ECTS credit points).
- Admission is given directly to holders of an academic bachelor or master, obtained from a Belgian university, in mathematics, physics, computer sciences, chemistry, biology, life sciences, medicine, psychology, artificial intelligence, biotechnology, bio-, business- or civil engineering.
International2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.