The Master's degree in Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuropsychology at Birkbeck, University of London offers hands-on training in cutting-edge behavioural and imaging neuroscience techniques, and combines a basic-science perspective with clinical case-study perspectives. You will examine how theories of cognitive function can be informed by evidence from converging neuroimaging methods, such as functional and structural magnetic resonance imaging, electrophysiology and transcranial magnetic stimulation, as well as from neuropsychological, patient-based techniques.
- The Department of Psychological Sciences has an outstanding research tradition, with an international reputation in all aspects of cognitive neuroscience, especially developmental cognitive neuroscience. You will have the opportunity to interact with world-class researchers and attend research seminars organised by the Department and a number of other local research centres and institutes.
- Psychological Sciences at Birkbeck were ranked fifth in the UK in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) and we achieved 100% for a research environment conducive to research of world-leading quality.
- Psychological research at Birkbeck has ranked fifth in the world in a category of the Best Global Universities Rankings, an important and influential index of research quality.
- Psychology at Birkbeck is ranked third best in London, ninth in the UK and 85th globally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject.
- ESRC funding may be available in conjunction with PhD study.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in psychology, the health sciences, research, or policy development. Possible professions include neurologist, psychologist, or researcher. This degree may also be useful in a variety of roles within policy development, as well as in becoming a higher education lecturer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Quantitative Methods
- Cognitive, Affective, and Social Neuroscience
- Development Cognitive Neuroscience
- Generic Research Skills
- MA Psychology Research Dissertation
- Neurocases and Clinical Assessments
- Neuroimaging Methods
- Sensorimotor Processes and Attention
- Structure and Measurement of the Human Brain
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesPsychology Neuroscience Cognitive Sciences View 163 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A second-class honours degree (2:2) or above in psychology, neuroscience or a relevant discipline.
- Applications are reviewed on their individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16020 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16020 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9960 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9960 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.