The Veterinary Medicine program of the University of Minnesota instills technical competencies to promote research and medical practice careers. Students choose from four areas of scientific investigation.
- Infectious and zoonotic disease
- Population medicine
- Small and large animal clinical science
- Ecosystem health
- Seminar and Presentation Development
- Grant Writing: What Makes a Winning Proposal?
- Ethical Conduct of Animal Research
- Veterinary Medicine Seminar
- Essential Statistics for Life Sciences
- Molecular Biology and Regulation of Biological Processes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Veterinary Medicine Animal Sciences View 136 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United States
- Applicants with a BA or BS in a relevant biological science field will be considered for admission provided they have received a preferred grade performance average (GPA) of 3.25 (on a four-point scale)
- Laboratory experience is strongly preferred but not required
- Applicants with a DVM or equivalent degree are encouraged to apply
- Students whose native language is not English must have received the following minimal scores obtained within the past two years of English proficiency examinations.
- A resume or CV
- Names and e-mail address of three people who can comment on your academic and research skills
- An applicant statement
- A credit or debit card to pay the application fee ($75-95)
- Unofficial transcripts or academic records from each secondary learning institution attended
International57948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57948 USD per year during 24 months.
National57948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57948 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State32244 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32244 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.