The Veterinary Medicine program of the University of Minnesota instills technical competencies to promote research and medical practice careers. Students choose from four areas of scientific investigation.
- Infectious and zoonotic disease
- Population medicine
- Small and large animal clinical science
- Ecosystem health
- Seminar and Presentation Development
- Grant Writing: What Makes a Winning Proposal?
- Ethical Conduct of Animal Research
- Veterinary Medicine Seminar
- Essential Statistics for Life Sciences
- Molecular Biology and Regulation of Biological Processes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Veterinary Medicine Animal Sciences View 51 other Masters in Veterinary Medicine in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Minnesota and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants with a BA or BS in a relevant biological science field will be considered for admission provided they have received a preferred grade performance average (GPA) of 3.25 (on a four-point scale)
- Laboratory experience is strongly preferred but not required
- Applicants with a DVM or equivalent degree are encouraged to apply
- Students whose native language is not English must have received the following minimal scores obtained within the past two years of English proficiency examinations.
- A resume or CV
- Names and e-mail address of three people who can comment on your academic and research skills
- An applicant statement
- A credit or debit card to pay the application fee ($75-95)
- Unofficial transcripts or academic records from each secondary learning institution attended
International60048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60048 USD per year during 24 months.
National60048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60048 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State33444 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33444 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.