A minimum of 1.5 years and a maximum of 2 years (full-time equivalent), this Master of Arts by Research program from Federation University Australia is awarded on the basis of:
- A studio component which is the practical, discipline specific investigation that is examined by an exhibition or performance;
- A practical studio investigation supported by an exegesis of no less than 10,000 words, which explains, elaborates or illuminates the practical studio component and provides the critical and theoretical context.
Career opportunities are available within the Visual and Performing Arts Industries as professionals in the chosen field of expertise.
Additionally, work may be found in related fields such as public and commercial gallery curating, teaching, arts administration and theatres.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studio component which is the practical, discipline specific investigation that is examined by an exhibition or performance;
- Practical studio investigation supported by an exegesis of no less than 10,000 words, which explains, elaborates or illuminates the practical studio component and provides the critical and theoretical context.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Liberal Arts View 45 other Masters in Visual Arts in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 044995K
International students must meet basic entry requirements as under:
- Academic entry requirements
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of the proposed commencement of studies
- Mature age entry
International23300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23300 AUD per year during 18 months.
National21300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21300 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Ballarat
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.