The Faculty at Iona College are committed to their students’ academic and professional success. Faculty use their experiences, networks, and research expertise to provide research-grounded and field-based instructional experiences. Students are not simply earning a degree; they are being prepared to be twenty-first century educators.
As an MST candidate you will experience a fieldwork driven program so you are working in school communities early and often. Iona’s rigorous student teaching program enables our candidates to feel confident approaching their first classroom teaching position. We are proud of our highly successful EDTPA (NYS videotaped teacher portfolio exam) pass rate.
For Childhood Literacy, Birth - Grade 6 and Special Education, Grades 1-6 candidates, we provide a strong research based-program. Iona’s faculty and alumni have developed strong partnerships with area schools which allows us to place candidates in the practicum experiences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language and Literacy Development in Young Readers and Writers
- Assessment of Literacy Development in Young Children
- Practicum in Reading and Literacy (6 credits)
- Foundations of Teaching Students with Disabilities
- Teaching Diverse Learners with Exceptionalities
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Most of Iona's graduate programs operate on a rolling admission basis. We encourage you to submit your application a month prior to a session start.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Early Childhood Education View 4091 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed undergraduate degree
- Current resume
- One letter of recommendation from a professor and/or supervisor (unless stated in the additional requirements section)
- $50 USD application fee
- A completed application (online)
- Undergraduate/graduate transcripts
- Evaluation of international credentials performed by one of the evaluation services recognized by NACES
- Two professional recommendation letters
International38624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1207 USD per credit during 18 months.
National38624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1207 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.