During the Social Work program from Federation University Australia, you might be a new graduate looking for a clear career path or an experienced social worker wanting to take the next step in your professional life.
Or perhaps you are ready for a career change and want to step into social work.
Whatever your background, we'll prepare you to work across human and community services in government bodies, non-government organisations, community and health services and more.
You'll become confident working with migrants, people with alcohol, drug and mental health problems and in palliative care, child protection, youth services and much more.
You'll be exposed to challenging real life situations through 140 days during your studies in social work settings, being mentored by experienced professionals in the field.
Then, once you graduate, you can go on to be a qualified social worker, take up management positions or work in national or international policy development.
This is an Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) accredited qualification, and is an entry qualification into the social work profession. It has been deemed to meet the Australian Social Work Education and Accreditation Standards.
- Social worker
Professional social work positions in hospitals, community health care, child protection, justice, community development, local government, government policy, social research, advocacy and many more.
This is an Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) accredited qualification, and is an entry qualification into the social work profession.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Social Work Theory
- Professional Social Work Practice
- Social Work Practice With Children, Young People and Families
- Social Work Practice With Groups and Communities
- Race, Ethnicity and Identity: Culturally Relevant Social Work Practice
- Social Work Field Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Offshore applications - five weeks before the semester commencement date.
- Onshore applications - two weeks before the semester commencement date.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Public Policy View 37 other Masters in Sociology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider No.00103D
Successful completion of a relevant* Bachelor degree with a least one year of study, or the equivalent of full time studies in social and behavioural sciences.
*Relevant Bachelor degrees should have at least one year of study in any of the following disciplines:
- Human welfare studies and services which includes social work, youth work, community work, welfare studies and counselling;
- Behavioural science which includes psychology or behavioural science;
- Studies in human society which includes sociology, anthropology, Indigenous studies or gender specific studies;
- Or other disciplines such as political science, policy studies, family law, justice administration, legal studies.
International25800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25800 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6684 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6684 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.