Graduates of this Literacy program will meet South Carolina course requirements for certification as a literacy teacher and/or literacy coach.
To receive state certification as a literacy teacher, two years of successful teaching experience are required. To receive state certification as a literacy coach, five years of successful teaching experience are required.
Candidates who complete the program without teaching experience will not receive certification in either area until they can document successful teaching experience as outlined in numbers 1 and 2 above.
Winthrop University provides personalized and challenging undergraduate, graduate, and continuing professional education programs of national caliber within a context dedicated to public service to the nation and to the State of South Carolina. Winthrop's longtime commitment to be among the very best institutions of its kind in the nation continually guides the mission of the university.
- Educational Research, Design and Analysis
- Literacy Foundations
- Literacy for Learners with Limited English Proficiency and/or Other Diverse Needs
- Literacy Strategies for Struggling Learners
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLiteracy Education View 148 other Masters in Literacy Education in United States
- Submit online Graduate School application and non-refundable application fee;
- Submit a copy of your current South Carolina Department of Education Class III Professional Certificate or the equivalent from another state. This should be uploaded in your online application;
- Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework. Official transcripts should be sent directly to Winthrop University from the issuing institution(s);
- Present two letters of recommendation from professional references that relate to your professional goals. In the online application you will be required to provide the names and email addresses of two individuals from whom you have requested letters of recommendation. These two people will then receive an email instructing them to upload the letter into our online application system. It's a good idea to talk with these individuals ahead of time so they will be expecting the email when they receive it.
International29506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14753 USD per semester during 12 months.
National29506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14753 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State15318 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7659 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Rock Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.