The Climate Change programme at Birkbeck, University of London provides a comprehensive advanced-level grounding in many areas of climate change and an opportunity to reflect on practice at both individual and corporate levels. As it is offered through part-time, evening, face-to-face study, it is ideal if you want to combine study with a continuing career.
You will learn about key issues in the three main areas of science, policy and business, by engaging with academic, professional and popular literature. You will also critically evaluate scientific scenarios for future climates and landscape impacts, assess the effectiveness of different policy approaches, and determine suitable business responses to the climate change challenge.
- Listen to an introductory lecture: 'Climate Change and the River Thames' (delivered by Becky Briant).
- Our location in central London offers excellent access to a wide range of research resources, including the Birkbeck Library, the LSE Library of Political and Economic Science (LSE), the Royal Geographical Societyand Senate House Library (University of London).
- The Department of Geography has contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions, which can lead to important networking opportunities.
- Our academic staff are experts in their respective fields, publishing and teaching in a wide range of topics including climate modelling, renewable energy, flooding and coastal adaptation.
- In the Research Excellence Framework (REF), Sociology at Birkbeck was ranked 13th in the UK.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue a career in business, environmental management, local government, policy work, and in environmental groups and charities. Possible professions include nature conservation officer, environmental consultant, or geographical information systems officer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Climate Change
- Environment and Policy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesClimate Studies & Meteorology Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 191 other Masters in Environmental Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A second-class honours degree (2:2) or equivalent.
- Applications are reviewed on their individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5340 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5340 GBP per year during 12 months.
National3120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3120 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.