The Information and Computer Science (ICS) Department at KFUPM was established in September 1979 and it developed and evolved over the years to become one of the active departments of the University in teaching, research, and service to the university. Moreover, the ICS department is recognized throughout the Gulf and many parts of the world for its excellence in education and research.
The department provides 2 four-year undergraduate programs leading to Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering. We also have well-established graduate programs leading to the Master of Science (MS) in Computer Science, Master of Science (MS) in Software Engineering, Master of Science (MS) in Security & Information Assurance, and a joint program of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Computer Science and Engineering. The department has about 37 full-time faculty members in several specialized areas of research.
We believe that King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals offers people like you an outstanding opportunity to make your mark as a faculty member and further your academic career in an exciting and dynamic environment. You will enjoy excellent teaching facilities and the chance to teach the top 5% of students in the kingdom. In addition, academics at KFUPM have access to some of the highest funded research programs for in various disciplines of science & engineering anywhere in the world. We also encourage members of faculty to develop individual research projects which could potentially lead to ground-breaking innovations in the energy and high tech sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Principles of Software Engineering
- Software Requirements Engineering
- Software Design
- Software Engineering Elective Course
- Computer science elective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 5 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Saudi Arabia
- Copy of identification (National ID for Saudi nationals / Passport for international applicants / Iqama for residents of Saudi Arabia).
- Complete official transcripts for BS degree and MS degree (if applying to PhD).
- Statement-of-Purpose (a one-page essay focusing on career and research goals).
- Recommendation Letters from 3 Professors through the online recommendation system after submitting the online application.
- GMAT scores for MBA program (for international applicants).
- CV mentioning briefly education and work experience.
- Color Photograph with White Background.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
For international accepted Full-Time Students, there is no tuition fee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.