- use, design and train complex self-managed and continuously evolving public and private industrial systems, digital ecosystems, cyber-physical systems, systems-of-systems, platforms, services and applications;
- will be able to connect their designs with publicly available Deep Learning and Big Data analytics and Web-based Cognitive Computing capabilities as services;
- will be able to figure-out and approach various challenging aspects of complex problems world-wide, which require collective intelligence and self-managing service-based architectures for their solutions;
- understand, and professionally utilize for that purpose, knowledge on enabling technologies and tools;
- perform research training and academic doctoral level studies;
- will be skillful in international communication due to the integrated language and communication studies.
The Faculty is engaged in active international cooperation both in the field of research and teaching. We have strong collaboration with industry both at local and national level; the vast majority of Master’s theses are completed in collaboration with industry. The programme locates itself in the core of the area of computational thinking and decision making which is one of the major development areas of the Faculty.
Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Computing research and teaching are well established and the Faculty research is aligned to strategic plans of IBM Watson; the inventor and leading global provider of Cognitive Computing services. The programme is designed to capitalize this core research to teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Deep Learning for Cognitive Computing: Theory
- Semantic Web and Linked Data
- SOA and Cloud Computing
- Big Data Engineering
- Collective Intelligence and Agent Technology,
- Self-Assessment on Study Progress
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Artificial Intelligence View 49 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree, which gives eligibility to Master’s level education in the country in which the degree was issued. Applicants holding a degree, which gives eligibility to Doctoral programmes, should primarily seek admission to Doctoral level.
- The higher education degree must be in the fields of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Telecommunications, Applied Mathematics, Control Systems or other closely related field.
- The applicant must have good skills in programming, as well as in using related information structures and algorithms.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Jyväskylä
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.