Network learning at Birkbeck differs from traditional distance learning, as it includes attendance at termly weekend workshops and tutor-facilitated computer conferencing, in addition to online materials. The five weekend workshops are an integral part of the network learning programme and cover topics such as life career development, organisational change, and employee relations and motivation.
Teaching on the Organizational Psychology (accelerated distance learning) course at Birkbeck, University of London is informed by cutting-edge research in the field and you will be encouraged to engage in critical thinking and to reflect on theory and practice. You will also acquire applied research skills in preparation for an independent research project on a subject that interests you.
You will be taught by leading academics and practitioners who have a wealth of experience in supporting and encouraging students who are studying via network learning. Ours is a friendly, welcoming community of learners who are keen to work hard, share their professional experience with classmates and network and make contacts.
This Occupational Psychology programme at Birkbeck, University of London is also available for full-time and part-time evening study and part-time network learning over two years.
- This degree provides the materials to enhance or develop your career in organisational psychology, management, human resources, training and development or consultancy.
- Accredited by the British Psychological Society as providing the knowledge base for progress towards professional qualification as an occupational psychologist.
- You will have access to an extensive range of electronic resources for each module.
- Celebrating our 55th anniversary in 2017, Birkbeck's Department of Organizational Psychology was the first department of occupational psychology in the UK. We continue to play a distinctive role in British occupational psychology - and, increasingly, within organisational behaviour. We have been delivering programmes by network learning for nearly 30 years and we are established experts in using digital technologies to create and maintain an engaged and supportive learning environment for our students.
- Network learning students attend five weekend workshops. These are non-residential and run from late on Friday afternoon through to lunchtime on Sunday. There are evening activities at all the workshops. (Please note: you must be able to attend the first weekend workshop, normally the last weekend in September, if you wish to be accepted onto the course.)
Careers and Employability
Graduates go in to careers in psychology, human resources and management. Possible professions include occupational psychologist, human resources officer, or probation officer. This degree may also be useful within management roles, including management consultant, retail manager, or logistics and distribution manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Employee Relations and Motivation
- Leadership and Performance Management
- Learning and Development
- Life Career Development
- Organisation and Change Perspectives
- Research Methods
- Selection and Assessment
- Work and Well Being
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesPsychology Organisational Behaviour View 129 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A second-class honours degree (2:2) or above. Work experience of any kind is desirable.
- To proceed to Stage 2 of accreditation with the British Psychological Society (BPS), you need to fulfil the requirements for the Graduate Basis for Chartered (GBC) Membership of the BPS. This requires a BPS-recognised qualification in psychology.
- Management development professionals and consultants without a first degree but with suitable professional qualifications or significant work experience in a range of organisations may be considered in line with Birkbeck’s mission of widening participation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16020 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16020 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9960 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9960 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.