At Social Work and Women's and Gender Studies from Southern Connecticut State University academic coursework, field practice experiences, and mentoring relationships afford interdisciplinary opportunities for integrating methods of scholarly inquiry, critical problem solving, and leadership development.
Graduates with Social Work and Women's and Gender Studies from Southern Connecticut State University will be able to:
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior
- Engage diversity and difference in practice
- Advance human rights and social, economic, and environmental justice
- Engage in practice-informed research and research-informed practice
- Engage in policy practice
- Engage with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities
- Assess individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities
- Intervene with individuals, families, groups, organization, and communities
- Evaluate practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities
- Feminist Theories and Practices
- History of Feminist Thought
- Global Women's Issues
- Social Welfare Policies and Delivery Systems
- Substance Use: Current Issues
- Theory and Practice
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Gender & Sexuality Studies View 116 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Southern Connecticut State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Submit applications online. A $50 application fee must be submitted before your application will be considered complete.
- Hold the foreign equivalent of a United States bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with an undergraduate grade point average of at least "B." (On various grading scales this would be at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, 14 on a 20 point scale.)
- Present certified copies and certified English translations of all academic achievements in each college or university attended.
- Provide a certified evaluation of foreign transcripts and credentials from World Education Services; Josef Silny & Associates Evaluators, Inc.; Global Credential Evaluators, Inc.; or Educational Credential Evaluators Inc.
- Recommendation Forms
- Official Transcripts
International20756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10378 USD per semester during 36 months.
National20756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10378 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State8058 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4029 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.