- Enhance advanced specialist knowledge in Geocomputation alongside transferable and generic skills.
- Enable students to disseminate their research.
There is an international shortage of highly skilled researchers able to handle large and complex datasets. Thus far our graduates have continued with research in academic environments but there are opportunities in public and private sector research and development, with environmental concerns and policy organisations: much depends on the substantive area of the thesis topic. This might focus on the innovative collection and processing of new datasets, on visualising complex datasets in multiple dimensions, on machine learning or on algorithms for the spatial analysis of data in a particular application area, for example health and retailing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Concepts In Object-oriented Programming
- Structured Programming
- Spatial Databases
- Professional Certificate In Postgraduate Teaching & Learning : Tutors & Demonstrators
- Innovation And Research Commercialisation
- Human Computer Interaction
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeographical Information Systems (GIS) Software Engineering Machine Learning View 33 other Masters in Software Engineering in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Candidates for research degrees will normally be expected to have at least an upper Second Class Honours degree or a relevant Masters degree. Relevant academic backgrounds include Geography, Computing Science, Surveying, Geomatics, Mathematics and Physics. We recommend that candidates contact the Programme Director in the first instance. Applicants must have a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university primary degree level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 12 months.
Part-time EU: 4,330
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.