Learn from leaders in the field of special educationLearn the art and science of teaching special education for young people from birth to age 21. At the University of Minnesota, we are D-R-I-V-E-N to to prepare the next generation of scientist-practitioners to be:
- Data-based collaborators who deliver
- Robust, rigorous, relentless instruction to address
- Individual differences and needs, adding
- Value to student outcomes using
- Evidence-based practices and believing
- No problem is unsolvable
- Identify the problem
- Define the problem
- Explore alternative solutions
- Apply solutions
- Look at the effects of solutions
- Collaborative Practices for the Special Educator
- Assessment and Due Process in Special Education
- Classroom Management and Behavior Analytic Problem Solving
- Specialized Interventions for Students With Mild/Moderate Disabilities in Reading & Written Language
- Module 1: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Mathematics for Diverse Learners
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 1867 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
- Graduate school application
- Application fee
- Transcripts (Academic History)
- Non-native English speakers: TOEFL, IELTS, etc. test scores
- Strong personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation (three if applying for Project Pact funding)
- Copy of teaching license (if applicable)
- Video of American Sign Language (ASL) skills (DHH applicants only)
- Diversity Statement (optional but highly encouraged)
International15960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15960 USD per year during 12 months.
National15960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15960 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10908 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10908 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.