Graduates of the University of Minnesota Special Education teacher licensure programs are student-centered, collaborative professionals who deliver robust, high-quality, and specialized educational services, adding value to the learning and development of infants, children, and adults with disabilities from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Program graduates are knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Engaging in collaborative problem solving with families and professionals to meet the academic, social, behavioral, and life skills needs of individuals with disabilities;
- Implementing--and supporting others' implementation of--evidence-based instruction and intervention with fidelity to improve student outcomes;
- Using reliable and valid assessment data to make individualized educational decisions;
- Systematically selecting and adapting instructional supports to meet individual needs, based on data and knowledge of individual learning, developmental, cultural differences;
- Maximizing expectations and learning opportunities for individuals with disabilities in the Least Restrictive using the full continuum of services; and
- Upholding principles of professionalism and ethics in their practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Collaborative Practices for the Special Educator
- Foundations of Special Education
- Assessment and Due Process in Special Education
- Classroom Management and Behavior Analytic Problem Solving
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 3491 other Masters in Education in United States
- Admission to a UMN graduate program requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the U.S., or a comparable degree from outside the U.S.
- Many graduate programs prefer an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher for admission.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Many graduate programs require letters of recommendation, submitted and uploaded online.
International27192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13596 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National27192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13596 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State17568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8784 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.