It provides advanced training for those who plan to complete their graduate studies in literature, language, literary, and cultural theory at the master's level, and for those who anticipate continuing graduate work up to the doctoral degree. The Romance Languages - Italian program at Southern Connecticut State University is tailored to the needs of those who wish:
- To teach these languages at the elementary, middle school, or high school levels, whether they are seeking initial certification or cross-endorsement;
- To teach these languages at the college level;
- To work in related fields, such as foreign service, other government service, private industry, translation and interpreting, librarianship, etc.
The program is built on three premises:
- The teaching of language and culture requires mastery of cultural awareness in the target language, as well as, literary works from different periods and genres.
- Scholarly research and writing, such as is required in graduate courses, is essential for exploring and understanding such production. This kind of explorative activity culminates in a capstone experience (i.e., thesis, comprehensive exams, or special project).
- Use of the target language at all times in classroom discussion and the research and writing of examinations and papers, assures fluent, correct, and idiomatic mastery of the language.
Dante: Faith, Fantasy, and Mankind
Of Love, Dejection, and Rhapsody
Ladies, Knights, Arms and Love: The Dawn of a New Age
Shifting the Center
Visions of Modernity
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguages Literature View 812 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Hold the foreign equivalent of a United States bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with an undergraduate grade point average of at least "B." (On various grading scales this would be at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Present certified copies and certified English translations of all academic achievements in each college or university attended. A diploma is not sufficient. The complete record of courses and marks earned and/or record of subjects and examination results must be received. Documents presented by applicants must detail the award of either a bachelor 's degree or equivalent or a graduate degree.
International20756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10378 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10378 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8058 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4029 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.