Romance Languages - French from Southern Connecticut State University provides advanced training for those who plan to complete their graduate studies in literature, language, literary, and cultural theory at the master's level, and for those who anticipate continuing graduate work up to the doctoral degree.
Graduates with Romance Languages - French from Southern Connecticut State University will be able to:
- conduct research using all available scholarly resources;
- apply critical analysis and a variety of theories to the study of literature, language and culture;
- write critical analyses of literary works and cultural artifacts from a range of periods, currents and genres;
- engage in informed discussions about literary works and cultural artifacts from a range of periods, currents and genres;
- advance their written and oral communicative abilities in the language of study.
- articulate the significance of literary and cultural artifacts within their historical and cultural context;
- create original work in the target language.
- Culture of Expression
- Literature of the Renaissance
- 17th Century "Moralists"
- The Novel from Mme de Lafayette to Laclos
- French Literary Thought in the 18th century
- Romantic Poetry
- The Middle Ages: Romance and Faith
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguages Literature View 736 other Masters in Languages in United States
- An undergraduate degree from an institution accredited by a recognized regional accrediting agency in the United States.
- Undergraduate degree from an Anglophone university or TOEFL with the minimum score of 600.
- Proficiency in the target language at Advanced Low level demonstrated by ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI or OPIc) and Written Production Test (WPT).
- Writing sample in the target language or English.
- A letter of intent in English to explain the candidate's background, reasons for enrolling in the program and areas of interest.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Undergraduate grade point average of at least "B." (On various grading scales this would be at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, 14 on a 20 point scale.)
- Present certified copies and certified English translations of all academic achievements in each college or university attended.
- Official Transcripts
International19768 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9884 USD per semester during 12 months.
National19768 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9884 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State7674 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3837 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.