Students at Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner from Southern Connecticut State University will be prepared to provide leadership within nursing and the health care delivery system for the improvement of client care, conduct and/or use research which contributes to the development of the discipline of nursing and ontinue professional growth through continuing education, specialty certification, and /or doctoral study in nursing.
Graduates with Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner from Southern Connecticut State University will be able to:
- Integrate scientific findings from nursing, biological, and social sciences to advance nursing practice along the healthcare continuum.
- Conduct research, translate research findings, and critically analyze data and evidence to integrate into advanced nursing practice.
- Assume complex and advanced leadership roles to initiate and guide positive change at the individual, group, and system levels to improve practice processes and outcomes.
- Intervene at the system level through policy development and advocacy regarding regulatory, financial, and political factors to improve practice processes and outcomes.
- Facilitate open communication, collaboration, mutual respect and shared decision-making amongst key stakeholders in the practice and/or educational environments.
- Direct and provide patient-centered care integrating advanced knowledge of nursing and relevant sciences and humanities to improve health care outcomes.
- Design interventions using advanced knowledge to promote individual and population health, wellness, and disease prevention at the global/local level.
- Integrate appropriate technologies for knowledge management, coordination of care, and complex decision making to improve healthcare quality and safety.
- Models professional behaviors incorporating advanced knowledge and awareness of social justice, legal/ethical standards, regulatory processes, and professional codes.
- Utilize safety science and quality improvement methods for continuous improvement the delivery of safe care.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Nursing Theories and Conceptual Models
- Legal Issues in Healthcare
- Role of Family Nurse Practitioner
- Healthcare Informatics for Nursing Practice
- Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Transforming Nursing Practice through Leadership, Policy, and Advocacy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 747 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Applicants are required to have a 3.0
- Selected students who have a total GPA between 2.8 and 3.0 will be permitted to submit GRE or MAT scores as part of their application for consideration. The MSN committee will determine if a conditional acceptance will be offered.
- Submit applications online. A $50 application fee must be submitted before your application will be considered complete.
- Present certified copies and certified English translations of all academic achievements in each college or university attended.
- Provide a certified evaluation of foreign transcripts and credentials from World Education Services; Josef Silny & Associates Evaluators, Inc.; Global Credential Evaluators, Inc.; or Educational Credential Evaluators Inc.
- Recommendation Forms
- Official Transcripts
International19768 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9884 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National19768 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9884 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State7674 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3837 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.