The Applied Physics program at Southern Connecticut State University is a formally recognized Professional Science Master's degree program, meaning that in addition to science courses, students are also required to take courses in management.
The program in Applied Physics has two tracks — materials science/ nanotechnology and optics/optical instrumentation — intended to develop the state's workforce in the established optics and materials science industries, as well as in the emerging nanotechnology sector.
Graduates with Applied Physics from Southern Connecticut State University will be able to:
- gain knowledge in materials science/ nanotechnology and optics/optical instrumentation
- develop the state's workforce in the established optics and materials science industries, as well as in the emerging nanotechnology sector.
- Applied Physics
- Methods of Theoretical Physics
- Advanced Physical chemistry
- Digital Image Processing
- Management Process
- Marketing Management
- Optics and Detector Physics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Physics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 611 other Masters in Physics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Southern Connecticut State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Hold the foreign equivalent of a United States bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with an undergraduate grade point average of at least "B." (On various grading scales this would be at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Present certified copies and certified English translations of all academic achievements in each college or university attended. A diploma is not sufficient. The complete record of courses and marks earned and/or record of subjects and examination results must be received. Documents presented by applicants must detail the award of either a bachelor 's degree or equivalent or a graduate degree.
International20756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10378 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10378 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8058 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4029 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.