Curriculum and Opportunities
The Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy program of the University of Minnesota combines a rigorous curriculum with opportunities available in many departments, centers, and schools at the University of Minnesota. MS–STEP students can also engage with scholarly research by working with STEP faculty members as graduate research assistants and participating in workshops and conferences. MS–STEP students attend the bi-weekly STEP Seminar Series, which provides an informal setting for feedback, discussion, and engagement with scholars and practitioners in STEP fields inside and outside the University.
- Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy
- Survey of Current Issues in Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy
- Environmental and Resource Economics Policy
- Risk, Resilience, and Decision Making
- Material-Energy Flows and Sustainable Development
- Policy Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Economics & Policy Natural Sciences View 184 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United States
- Four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited US university or foreign equivalent
- English language proficiency
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended
- Applicants to the MS-STEP program should have completed a degree or taken advanced level coursework in natural or physical sciences, engineering, or environmental studies prior to the date of their planned enrollment
- A personal statement is required of all applicants
- The Diversity Statement is required for all applicants
- Impact Statement
- A resume or CV
- At least three letters of recommendation
- Applicants wishing to provide additional information to the admissions committee which is not appropriate for other required documents but may be helpful in their consideration as a candidate for admission can submit a statement of extenuating circumstances
- Application fee: $75 for domestic students; $95 for international students
International29652 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14826 USD per semester during 24 months.
National29652 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14826 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State20328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10164 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.