Divinity from Abilene Christian University is designed to offer you a firm grounding in scripture, history and theology as well as training in practical ministry skills such as the art of preaching and reading cultures and contexts. This graduate degree will prepare you to enter into all forms of ministry or expand your current vocation; it also provides a solid foundation for further study in Ph.D., Th.D. and D.Min programs.
Graduates with Divinity from Abilene Christian University will:
- Have ability to integrate theology in contemporary cultural contexts
- Gain awareness of the historical and contemporary beliefs and practices of the worldwide church, and the Stone-Campbell heritage in particular
- Have the ability to lead and equip the church for its various ministries
- Have capacity to exercise care of souls in fitting and compassionate ways
- Demonstrate growth in Christian character essential for ministerial faithfulness and effectiveness
- New Testament Theology
- Christian Mission in a Global Context
- GST Orientation
- Contexts of Ministry
- Field Education Contextual Immersion
- Healthcare Ministry
- The Practice of Ministerial Leadership
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 601 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- A completed application and application fee;
- An official transcript(s) in English (or translated to English) of all previous colleges attended. The transcript must indicate an earned bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent;
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Two letters of recommendation (may be submitted through the online application);
- A purpose statement
- GST Writing Assessment (a brief evaluation of academic writing skills).
International17544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 731 USD per credit during 36 months.
National17544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 731 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Abilene
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.